- Szymon Szemberg via twitter: Rangers Michael Del Zotto has left Rapperswil with a back injury. Larry Brooks via twitter: Del Zott0 has mild back stiffness. Rick Nash’s groin injury is only minor after his weekend examination.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Sharks Justin Braun fractured a bone in his hand and is leaving Finland.
- Winnipeg Sun: Jets defenseman Mark Stuart signed with the Florida Everblades of the ECHL.
- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: Ducks Saku Koivu has been skating with TPS Turku of the SM-liiga. He owns a part of the team, along with his brother Mikko and Miikka Kiprusoff. Sources are saying that he won’t be suiting up for them right away, maybe not until after Christmas or possibly only if the NHL season is cancelled.
- Ottawa Sun: Free agent forward Jochen Hecht signed a 2 year deal with Adler Mannheim of the German league. Hecht had spent the last nine seasons playing for the Sabres.
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Oilers Ryan Smyth hasn’t played during the lockout, but it’s possible that he joins Team Canada for the Spengler Cup. The Canadians could also have forwards Tyler Seguin, John Tavares, Patrice Bergeron, Brooks Laich, Danny Briere, Joffrey Lupul, Sam Gagner, Jamie Benn and Tyler Ennis. Along the blueline they could have Stephane Robidas, Jared Spurgeon and Andrew Ference. In net, Jonathan Bernier could be an option.
- Ottawa Sun: Flyers Scott Hartnell doesn’t think any of Roman Hamrlik’s Capitals teammates will stick up for him on the ice after the comments Hamrlik has made during the lockout.
“I don’t think anyone other than Roman Hamrlik in Washington — a guy who has made $50-to-$60 million from the (NHL Players’ Association) — has turned on us. You’re going to have guys like that,” Hartnell told the radio station. “I can’t wait to see what his teammates do when guys go after him. To sell the whole PA under the bus and to stick up for a guy like that is going to be tough.”
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Blue Jackets Ryan Murray’s agent, Rick Valette, told the Columbus Dispatch that Murray’s surgery has been pushed back from yesterday to mid-January.
“If waiting a month allows it to recover to 105 percent, that’s what we’re after. If he’s ready July 1 instead of June 1, no big deal.”
- Terry Koshan via twitter: The Jets have said that Mark Scheifele will remain with the Team Canada for the World Junior Championship, regardless if a new CBA gets done.