No talks between the NHL and NHLPA over the weekend … NHL’s case now has a Judge … Stan Jonathan in court
- Updated: December 17, 2012
- Katie Strang via twitter: There was no contact between the NHL and NHLPA over the weekend.
- Nick Cotsonika via twitter: Two thoughts on the NHL: “1. NHL suit works only if PA disclaims AND it’s a sham. If PA does not disclaim, or if it’s serious, then what? 2. Isn’t the NHL suit also a clear attempt to influence PA internal vote? How long before PA files its own unfair labor charge?” James Mirtle via twitter: In response to Cotsonika: “Have to think, if vote fails, players lose ton of leverage. If passes, have to use leverage and disclaim.”
- AP on ESPN: The NHL’s case against the union has been assigned to U.S. District Judge Paul A. Engelmayer.
- Kevin Paul Dupont of the Boston Globe: Former Bruin Stan Jonathan was scheduled to appear in a Brantford court last Friday on charges of criminal negligence causing death. Jonathan faces a minimum of 4 years in prison in the shooting death of another hunter. Nobody is suggesting that it was anything more than an accident.