Quick hits on Bourchard, Huselius, Mattias, Noesen and the Islanders
- Updated: December 18, 2012
- Michael Russo of the Star Tribune: Wild’s Pierre-Marc Bouchard said in the last few weeks he’s “pretty much symptom free” from the season ending concussion he suffered on January 4th. Bouchard isn’t a locked out player yet. He’ll be visiting doctors later this week.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Kristian Huselius signed with AIK of the Swedish Elite League.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Panthers Shawn Mattias is playing in Austria and may have suffered a concussion. He’s being looked at, and may end up returning home.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Team USA’s Stefan Noesen has been deemed ineligible for the World Junior Championship by the IIHF due to his OHL suspension. He’d have 7 of 10 games left on his suspension. Chris Peters via twitter: Noesen would have likely played in a top-six role, and is not easily replaced.
- BD Gallof via twitter: Officials at Barclays gave a “no comment” on the rumor that the Islanders could move to Brooklyn before the end of the 2015 season. Gallof thought it was worth noting because the media departments usually give a stock answer from the original press conference or denying a change.