- David Pagnotta via twitter: Kristian Huselius announced on AIK’s website that he’ll be retiring due to continuous hip issues. He only played in 5 games this season. Huselius said,
“It has become worse and worse every game I played. So I have taken the decision to stop with hockey completely.”
- Helene Elliott via twitter: Kings Anze Kopitar’s initial diagnosis of Grade 2 MCL sprain was accurate. Technically the Kings could suspend Kopitar and Willie Mitchell as they got hurt during the lockout and can’t start the season. GM Lombardi said he would talk to the higher-ups about it, though may not pursue it.
- Stephen Whyno via twitter: Capitals Tom Poti is pain free and “pretty confident” that he’ll be cleared to take part in training camp.
- Kevin Snow via twitter: Sabres Tyler Ennis said that he’s 100% and not bothered by the shoulder injury he sustained in Switzerland.
- Tim Panaccio via twitter: If Flyers defenseman Andrej Meszaros is not able to start the season, they are in big trouble. Meszaros said: ”Sometimes, I am really sore and I can’t push off. I’m still weak [in heel]. It’s a matter of time before I get my strength back”
- Randy Miller via twitter: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren on Daniel Briere’s wrist injury: ”Danny Briere is a little bit of a concern. We’ll get the information on that over the next few days.”