Schedule breakdown … Cap-exempt recall … $32.9 million cap hit for Weber? Player images
- Updated: January 9, 2013
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Bill Daly on the NHL schedule: “Not [today]. Sometime at the end of the week or over the weekend.”
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Each team will play: 4 games vs. two Divisional opponents (8); 5 games vs. two divisional opponents (10); 3 games vs 10 Conference rivals (30). Looking like a 48 game schedule starting on January 19th. Training camps will open no later than Sunday January 13th if everything goes well.
- Cap Geek via twitter: “Rather than sign players to one-game amateur tryout contracts in emergency situations, teams will be allowed cap-exempt recalls, provided they less than or equal to the league’s minimum salary plus $100K. ($625K this season).”
- Daniel Tolensky via twitter: Hypothetically, if the Predators traded Shea Weber after 6 years and he retired with 1 year left, the Predators would get a $32.9 million salary cap hit for 2025-26.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: NHL teams are not allowed to use player images on their sites until the CBA gets ratified. Could face a fine a they do.