Quick cleared … Horton ready … Hamilton expected to make Bruins … Tanguay at center … 3 Redden options
- Updated: January 10, 2013
- Helene Elliott via twitter: Kings Jonathan Quick has been medically cleared.
- Chris Nichols via twitter: Nathan Horton’s agent: “He’s all set and has been for some time.” Horton is slated to be on the top line with Milan Lucic and David Krejci.
- Jimmy Murphy via twitter: Bruins president Cam Neely said they expect Dougie Hamilton to be in the lineup for the season opener.
- Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: The Wild’s first line could be Dany Heatley, Mikko Koivu and Zach Parise.
- Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News & Observer: The Hurricanes will be without Tuomo Ruutu for 3 months, maybe longer due to hip surgery. Jiri Tlusty did play with Eric Staal last season, and could see time with Staal and Alex Semin. Jordan Staal would center the 2nd line, likely with Jeff Skinner. Zach Boychuk could be an option to replace Ruutu.
- Wes Gilbertson of the Calgary Sun: Alex Tanguay could be the frontrunner as Flames number 1 center spot. Mike Cammalleri or Jiri Hudler are other options. Mikael Backlund, Matt Stajan and Roman Cervenka may also come into play.
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: Jason Arnott has been skating with some Dallas Stars. He lives in Dallas and doesn’t have a contract. Heika doesn’t think the Stars are interested in signing him.
- Bob McKenzie of TSN: 3 options for the Rangers regarding Wade Redden: 1. Give up assets or picks for a team to take him. 2. Send him to the AHL and absorb the $5 million plus cap hit and then buyout in the summer. 3. Absorb the cap hit and don’t play him anywhere, waiting for summer buyout period.