Trades coming soon? Coyotes talking trade … Krejci aware of rumors … Luongo fine with waiting … Sens should target Kane
- Updated: January 12, 2013
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: McKenzie thinks that some GM’s are sitting on trades and signings that are done or close to being done. As soon as they are allowed to make moves, there will be some activity.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: “For those asking, NHL GM’s are still forbidden from negotiating trades until players ratify CBA. Expect dealing when allowed.” David Pagnotta via twitter: Pagnotta asks: “Loose rule, no? Considering how many of them have started talking…”
- The Fourth Period: Coyotes GM Don Maloney has said he’s had some trade talks, and that some deals could happen soon. Maloney told the Arizona Republic,
“The good thing for us is they’re asking about our players and would you do this, would you look at that, would you think of this, and I’m like, ‘Absolutely, if that makes us better,’” Maloney said.
- James Murphy of ESPN: Bruins David Krejci said he’s aware of the persistent rumors of a potential trade to Phoenix or Anaheim. He wants to remain with the Bruins.
“I’ve seen it and I have time to go on the Internet, so I know what’s going on,” Krejci said. “I went through lots of things and saw my name there, but there’s nothing I can control. I am happy here, and I hope I haven’t given them any reasons to trade me. So I can’t control it, and I just want to go out there and play my best.”
- Iain MacIntyre via twitter: Roberto Luongo on a trade: “Whether a couple of days, week, 2 weeks or the end of the season, I’m totally fine.”
- James Gordon via twitter: Gordon thinks that Senators GM Bryan Murray should try to get Evander Kane out of Winnipeg.
- Ben Kuzma via twitter: Vigneault added that Andrew Ebbett and Jordan Schroeder will compete for the 2nd line center spot, unless someone arrives by trade.