- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: Ducks GM Bob Murray on re-signing Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry.
“It’s my priority,” Murray said, addressing the topic on the first day of training camp Sunday at Honda Center. “They’ve been Anaheim Ducks. I love those guys. I’m going to do everything in my power to sign them.”
Both carry a cap hit of $5.325 million, and will likely command more. How high they will want to go could be the deciding factor if they are both to remain with the Ducks or not. Nick Bonino skated with Bobby Ryan and Teemu Selanne at practice yesterday. Saku Koivu skated with Dan Winnik and Andrew Cogliano.
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: Kypreos is hearing that the Stars made a Jamie Benn a multi-year offer worth as much as $5 million per season.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: On Stars RFA Jamie Benn:
“I’m optimistic that we’ll have him back on the team, but it won’t be today,” Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk told ESPN.com on Sunday morning. “We’ll focus on the guys we have here because it’s a short camp and we need to get ready. But in the meantime, certainly we’ll keep working away at trying to get Jamie re-signed.”
- The Fourth Period: The Stars have made Benn an offer that is believed to be around $5.5 million per season.
“Playing without Benny could be difficult, but we’re focused on the players we have here,” Gulutzan told the Dallas Morning News. “Everything for Jamie is in place for him whenever he’s here. But we’re focused on the guys we have here.”
- George Richards of Miami Herald: Panthers RFA defenseman Dmitry Kulikov is not at camp. GM Dale Tallon said on Thursday that he’s been talking with Kulikov’s agent daily.
- Elliotte Friedman via twitter: The Hurricanes sign Dan Ellis to a 1 year, $650,000 deal.