Roster notes: waivers, Jets claim Peluso, Kovalchuk, Visnovsky, Etem, Gibson, Bodie, Parent, Rosehill and Maple Leafs
- Updated: January 17, 2013
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Sharks waivers: Danny Groulx. Flyers waivers: Andreas Lilja, Brian Boucher. Hurricanes waivers: Brett Bellemore, Nicolas Blanchard, M-A Gragnani, Justin Krueger, Jerome Samson, Chris Terry, Justin Peters. Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Scott Gomez and Wade Redden put on waivers for purpose of buyout.
- Elliotte Friedman via twitter: The Jets claim Anthony Peluso on waivers from the Blues.
- Tom Gulitti of the Bergon Record: Ilya Kovalchuk was back on the ice with the Devils today.
“I never thought about wanting to stay because I have a contract,” he said. “How could I stay (there) when I have a contract here?”
Kovalchuk said all the talk about him wanting to stay in the KHL were from the Russian media and not from something he said.
“I don’t know where you read all those comments but I have a contract here, and in the KHL they have a rule that as soon as the lockout ends, we come back, so nobody has a choice,” he said.
He added that reports that Russian president Vladimir Putin offered him a bunch of money to stay in Russia were “not true.”
- Arthur Staple via twitter: Lubomir Visnovsky should arrive in Long Island around the 1st week of February.
- Eric Stephens via twitter: Ducks are sending right winger Emerson Etem back to the AHL and goalie John Gibson back to Kitchener of the OHL.
- James Mirtle via twitter: The Ducks sign Troy Bodie, Ryan Parent and Jay Rosehill to 1 year deals.
- James Mirtle via twitter: Leafs coach Randy Carlyle said there will be cuts [today].