- Daren Millard via twitter: Oilers GM Steve Tambellini said they’ve talked about the waiver process when asked about interest in defenseman Wade Redden.
- Michael Russo via twitter: Russo doesn’t think the Wild will have any interest in Wade Redden.
- Tim Panaccio via twitter: Flyers have no interest interest in Wade Redden.
- Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: The Flyers could start the season without defenseman Andrej Meszaros, Erik Gustafsson and Marc-Andre Bourdon.
“I am of the belief that you can never have too many defensemen,” Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said last week.
Would the Flyers be interested? The Flyers would have been more interested in Redden if he was bought out went the CBA was ratified. They signed Kurtis Foster to a 1 year, $950,000 deal on Sunday. The Flyers are at 49 of 50 contracts. If Scott Laughton sticks and player more than 6 NHL games, he would contract #50. They could move a player to bring in Redden if they chose. If Redden looks for a contract under $1 million, the Flyers could be in the mix, along with the Islanders, Oilers, and Blue Jackets.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: A 2nd Pacific team is interested in Scott Gomez. Eric Stephens of the OC Register: Stephens wonders if Ducks would bring in Gomez as Getzlaf and Koivu are their only proven centers. They are believed to be talking about it internally.
- Wes Gilbertson via twitter: Flames have sent Ben Street and Chris Breen back to the Abbotsford of the AHL. Brad Winchester was released from his PTO. Feaster said the decision on the backup goalie would be decided [last night] and revealed today after the wavier process.
- Brian McNally via twitter: Capitals owner Ted Leonsis was adamant that he will let Alex Ovechkin go to the Sochi Olympics even if the NHL doesn’t allow players to go.