- TSN: Canucks GM Mike Gillis on the Canucks asking too much for Roberto Luongo:
“Fair value is different for every team that you speak to because they have different players, they have different concerns and different contractual issues that play into what they have available that you might want,” said Gillis.
“The notion that we were asking for too much was floated in the Toronto media by a team that was extremely interested in acquiring Roberto and were using every means possible to try and force us to do something that we didn’t think was right. That’s nothing new in this business and it’s not the type of pressure that I’m going to succumb too.”
- Lance Pugmire of the LA Times: Ducks GM Murray has told Bobby Ryan that they are not looking to trade him this year.
“It’s nice that it’s all been resolved and that I can come into camp and worry about other things, and once the games get going I’ll have taken my mind completely off of it,” Ryan said.
- Mike Heika via twitter: The Stars are still trying to get Jamie Benn signed. Looking like he’ll miss their season opener on Saturday.
- Elliotte Pap of the Vancouver Sun: The Canucks sign Alex Edler to a 6 year, $30 million contract extension. He’ll have salaries of $3.25 million in 2013-14, $4.25 million in 2014-15, $6 million for 3 years and $4.5 million in 2018-19.
- Calgary Flames via twitter: The Flames sign Steve Begin.
- Chris Johnston via twitter: Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis: ”There’s definitely a chance we’ll see Tim Connolly back here again.”
- James Mirtle via twitter: Tim Connolly’s agent, J.P. Barry, said that Connolly will report to the Marlies.
- Eric Stephens via twitter: Ducks Ryan Getzlaf told Vancouver media that the Ducks are his “first option” and he told GM Bob Murray that for awhile.