NHL Injury notes: Leino, Rinaldo, Fowler, Red Wings and Carcillo
- Updated: January 21, 2013
- ESPN: Sabres Ville Leino missed yesterday’s game against the Flyers and is day to day with a lower-body injury. The Sabres play the Maple Leafs tonight.
- Frank Seravalli via twitter: Flyers Zac Rinaldo took 20 stitches above his right knee. Not known if he’ll be available for Tuesday.
- Eric Stephens via twitter: Ducks Cam Fowler (out with the flu) practiced yesterday. Expects to play today against the Flames.
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Red Wings defenseman Jonathan Ericsson is “questionable” for their game against the Blue Jackets after slamming into the boards, hurting his right shoulder. Goalie Jonas Gustavsson has a sore groin and the Wings will call up Tom McCollum. Jan Mursak will go on the IR with a collarbone injury to make room on the roster for McCollum. Mursak will have a CT scan tomorrow, and he could be out a couple weeks. If Bertuzzi’s test reveal he has mono, he’ll be out a month. If it’s the flu, he’ll be out a week. Patrick Eaves, who has been out for more than a year with a concussion, said “I’m ready to go.”
- Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune: Blackhawks winger Daniel Carcillo will be out about 4 weeks after suffering a right knee injury on Saturday. It was Carcillo’s first game since have major surgery on his left knee last January. Brandon Saad will replace Carcillo in the lineup, and could be on a line with Jonathan Toews and Marian Hossa.