Nothing new on Subban-Habs talks … Benn puts offer on table … Kings looking for Dman … Nino requests trade
- Updated: January 22, 2013
- Dave Stubbs via twitter: There is nothing to report this morning regarding P.K. Subban and Canadiens contract talks. Dustin Leed via twitter: Bob McKenzie on a Subban-Montreal deal “Unless there’s a dramatic change in the next little while; these two sides are no where close.” McKenzie said that Subban wants a longer term contract and more than the $2.75 million that the Canadiens are offering. Darren Dreger via twitter: Nothing new on Subban negotiations. Patrick Caisse via twitter: Nothing new on Subban, nothing scheduled for this week.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Jamie Benn’s camp has put a contract proposal on the table. Two sides still have some work to do.
- The Fourth Period: With Willie Mitchell already out, and with Matt Greene expected to miss at least 6 weeks with a back injury, the Kings may step up their efforts to find a defenseman. Kings GM Dean Lombardi was already looking for a defenseman before Greene’s injury. Teams looking to move a blueliner include the Sabres, Flames, Devils and Maple Leafs.
- Katie Strang of ESPN: Islanders Nino Niederreiter has requested a trade according to a source. He is unhappy with his situation in New York and feels he may be better served playing in a new organization. Niederreiter’s agent approached GM Garth Snow last week, though Snow is believed to not being willing to trading him at the moment.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Scott Gomez should become a Shark today, seems to be heading in that direction. Kevin Kurz via twitter: Sharks GM Doug Wilson said he expects a decision in the next day or so.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: The Red Wings sign defenseman Kent Huskins to a 1 year, 1 way contract.