- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Canucks GM Mike Gillis and assistant GM Laurence Gilman were at the Capitals-Penguins game yesterday.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: Carrera was told that rumors that the Capitals are interested in Roberto Luongo are completely unfounded. There hasn’t been one conversation about him. Chuck Gormley via twitter: Capitals GM George McPhee said he hasn’t had conversations with Canucks GM Gillis, and doesn’t intend to.
- Damien Cristodero via twitter: Lightning’s Vincent Lecavalier had an MRI yesterday as a precaution. X-rays were negative on his left foot.
- Mike Chambers of the Denver Post: The Avs and Ryan O’Reilly’s agent haven’t spoken in over a week. Center Matt Duchene’s thoughts on O’Reilly not playing with them.
“We’ve really never given it too much thought,” center Matt Duchene said Saturday. “We don’t have him. We want him, obviously. Who wouldn’t want him? But he’s not here. … We have to deal with who’s in here, and each night we’re coming in, looking at the faces we got, and those are the guys we’re expecting to win with.”
- Lou Korac via twitter: Blues Brian Elliott will start at least the next two games. Coach Ken Hitchcock expects Jaroslav Halak to be ready by next weekend. Halak was put on the IR, and Jake Allen was recalled.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Stars Derek Roy should be good to return to the lineup today against the Avalanche.
- Daily Herald: Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman said that the winger Brandon Saad will likely remain with the team for the rest of the year.
“At this point, I certainly do,” Bowman said. “We can’t measure Brandon on his points because he has played really well this year. He just thinks the game right with (Marian) Hossa and (Jonathan) Toews. A lot of guys go on that line and they just can’t seem to get in the right spots.”
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Red Wings defenseman Brendan Smith injured his shoulder on Saturday and according to GM Ken Holland ”is going to see a doctor on Monday. Initial diagnosis is he’s out minimum 10-14 days.”
- Dobber Hockey via twitter: Recalled yesterday: Charlie Coyle (Wild), Tomas Tatar (Red Wings), David Rundblad (Coyotes), Jake Allen (Blues), Stephane Da Costa (Senators)
- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: The Ducks moved Bobby Ryan to center on Friday night, and it worked out okay. They’ve tried several times over the past couple years but it hasn’t worked out that well.
“It might be something good,” Ryan said. “I think I’m a little more mature as a player than I was even last year when we tried it. It’s something I think I can thrive in, and if it’s something we want to do long term, I’m open for it.”
- Mike Heika via twitter: Kari Lehtonen will start in net for the Stars tonight.