- Vicki Hall via twitter: Flames Mikael Backlund will be out for four to six weeks with a MCL sprain.
- Wes Gilbertson via twitter: Flames Michael Cammalleri is day-to-day with a hip flexor.
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: The Flames have put Miikka Kiprusoff on the IR retroactive to February 5th.
- Eric Stephens via twitter: Ducks Jonas Hiller left last night’s game with a lower-body injury that is not expected to be serious.
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Red Wings Todd Bertuzzi will be out indefinitely with a back injury. The Wings are calling up Joakim Andersson. Darren Helm will begin rehab on Monday with a sore back. Carlo Colaiacovo isn’t expected to return from his shoulder injury until mid-month. Brendan Smith is out at least a month with a shoulder injury. Jonas Gustavsson has a pulled groin, and hasn’t played this season.
- Adrian Dater via twitter: Avalanche winger Gabriel Landeskog didn’t practice yesterday but they are optimistic that he could resume skating soon. He hasn’t skated since January 19th after being hit by Brad Stuart. He suffered a head and neck injury on the play.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Senators Jason Spezza has been told to do nothing for at least two weeks after having surgery to repair a disc in his back last week. He still hopes to return this season.
“Everything went well. It’s good to have everything done and get started on recovery now,” said Spezza. “You always aim to push your rehab and get a bit more aggressive with things.
“(Athletic therapist) Gerry (Townend) has already talked to me about making sure we’re doing things right and not getting too carried away. The goal is to get back before the end of the season and, hopefully, help us through the end of the year and the playoffs.”