Karlsson has lacerated Achilles, video breakdown of the incident … Zubrus needs surgery … Realignment tweaked
- Updated: February 14, 2013
- Ottawa Senators via twitter: Senators Erik Karlsson suffered a laceration to his left Achilles that will require surgery. He’ll be out indefinitely. Bruce Garrioch via twitter: League executives say that Karlsson could be recovering for 4 to 6 months depending on the extent of the injury. John Shannon via twitter: Karlsson will fly to Ottawa to be re-evaluated by Senators doctors before having surgery.
- Rich Chere via twitter: The Devils will be without Dainius Zubrus for 2-8 weeks due exploratory surgery on his wrist.
- Nick Cotsonika via twitter: Bill Daly said that the NHL has tweaked the realignment plan that was approved by the board last season. It does have the same four-conference structure. John Shannon via twitter: Realignment timeline is accelerating, with resolution expected before the end of the month.
- Adam Gretz via twitter: There were 2 Blackhawks scouts at the Penguins-Senators game. Wild and Ducks were other Western Conference teams that had scouts there.
- NHL Network’s Mark Roe and Kevin Weekes break down Karlsson’s injury. Do you think there was intent by Cooke?
← Previous Story Jets trade Ponikarovsky to the Devils for draft picks