Injury Updates: Nash, Wisniewski, Johansson, Clutterbuck, Bourque, Brodeur, Malone, Lehtonen, Reimer, Frattin, Steen and McDonald
- Updated: February 26, 2013
- Andrew Gross via twitter: Rangers Rick Nash doesn’t think he’ll be ready to go tonight. He won’t say what the injury is, saying it was a few things. When asked directly if it was a concussion, Nash said he wasn’t a doctor.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Blue Jackets defenseman James Wisniewski is out “long term” with a broken bone in his foot.
- Brian McNally via twitter: The Capitals put Marcus Johansson on the IR with an upper-body injury retroactive to February 7th. He can be activated at any time.
- Michael Russo via twitter: The Wild put Cal Clutterbuck on the IR. He’s likely to miss at least 4 more games.
- Montreal Canadiens via twitter: Rene Bourque has a concussion.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Martin Brodeur will see a doctor today. It’s still possible that he’ll make the trip with the team to Winnipeg.
- Damian Cristodero via twitter: Lightning’s Ryan Malone said he’s not sure if he’ll travel with the team when they leave on their 4-game road trip, but indicated he could join them at some point on it.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Stars Kari Lehtonen isn’t ready just yet, but expects to be ready for Thursday.
- James Mirtle via twitter: Maple Leafs James Reimer and Matt Frattin might be available for Thursday’s game against the Islanders. Colton Orr will be ready for tomorrow. Mike Brown is out with a lower-body injury.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Blues Alex Steen and Andy McDonald both went down with an injury on the same drill at practice today.