Trade Rumors: Hurricanes, Cullen, Perry, Predators, Penguins, Sharks, Johnson and Clowe
- Updated: March 9, 2013
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford said they could look to upgrade their defense but noted that they aren’t the only one. He Added they could add to their goalie “depth.”
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: The Senators could use a top-six forward who can score. If the Wild decide to put Matt Cullen on the trade block, expect the Senators to show some interest. Corey Perry isn’t happening.
- Brian Yates via twitter: Darren Dreger said on the NHL Network that the Red Wings, Kings, Bruins, Flyers and Maple Leafs could all be after Ducks winger Corey Perry.
- Mark Spector via twitter: Predators GM David Poile on the trade market: “I have a team that’s not playing as well. I’m probably on the phone a little more than I regularly am.”
- Will DePaoli via twitter: Penguins GM Ray Shero is reaching out to teams and letting them now what he might be interested in. The Oilers could be one of those teams. A source said that the Penguins are one of the teams to ask about defensive defenseman Ladislav Smid. The Pens are open to upgrading their blue line with a big bodied defensive defenseman and a puck moving defenseman. They have a list of two or three defenseman that fits one of those needs. Top puck moving options could be Jay Bouwmeester, Mark Streit and Sergei Gonchar. Smid and Robyn Regehr could be big body targets. Other defenseman that could be available are Jordan Leopold, Ian White, Douglas Murray and Ryan Whitney. The Sharks are shopping Douglas Murray and are looking for young offensive help.
- Craig Custance of ESPN: (mailbag) Custance wouldn’t be surprised if the Sharks made a deal to improve their team. They might look at a scoring winger as they may be easier to find than a defenseman or centerman. Custance would be surprised it the Blue Jackets traded Jack Johnson. If they did consider moving him, they’d be looking for scoring in return.
- HC Trade Tracker: Ryane CloweUFA – Possible destinations according to Kypreos are the Oilers, Leafs, Penguins and Canadiens. Destinations according to Brad May are the Rangers, Canadiens, Leafs and Penguins.
← Previous Story Quick Hits: Bozak, Getzlaf, Sekera, Leino, Jensen and Blues goalies