- James Mirtle via twitter: 20% for escrow will come off the players checks this pay period. The league is saying revenue projections are down. Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Revenue projections are down to $2.1 billion from $2.4 billion.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: The Red Wings could welcome some players back to the lineup in the next seven to 10 days.
“We expect [Valtteri] Filppula back this week at some point on the Western Canada trip,” GM Ken Holland told ESPN.com Monday. “We’re expecting Darren Helm to come back after that trip, either at home to Minnesota or for the California trip. So we’ll get a few bodies back the next four or five games.”
- Jeremy Rutherford of the Post-Dispatch: Blues Andy McDonald (knee) and Alex Steen (shoulder) could return the lineup on their three game home stand. McDonald and Steen have missed the last seven games. Vladimir Tarasenko (concussion) skated on Saturday.
“I don’t talk too much about concussions, but it’s not about skating — there’s a lot of things,” Armstrong said. “Whether he plays on this home stand, the next two weeks, three weeks, the next month … you’re only creating false hope to your fans by putting a timetable on something that there isn’t a timetable.”
- Norm Sanders via twitter: Update on Vladimir Tarasenko’s concussion, ”He’s been doing light skating, but nothing team-oriented”
- Sarah McLellan via twitter: Coyotes Matthew Lombardi will be re-evaluated this morning to see if he’s able to return. David Schlemko is getting closer.
- Damian Cristodero via twitter: Anders Lindback will start in net for the Lightning tonight against the Panthers.