NHL Rumors: Islanders, Sabres, Kings, Flames, Oilers, Flyers, Ducks, Bruins, Hurricanes, Panthers and Predators
- Updated: March 14, 2013
- B.D. Gallof via twitter: Don’t expect the Islanders to be in a buying mode at the trade deadline since they are cost prohibited. Summer may be a better time for them.
- B.D. Gallof via twitter: Wouldn’t expect an Islanders firesale as some have feared. If Mark Streit and GM Garth Snow can’t get on the same page, he could be dealt.
- Sportsnet: Nick Kypreos said that Sabres may be looking to trade goalie Ryan Miller and that they would also like to move Ville Leino.
- The Fourth Period: LA Kings GM Dean Lombardi has the go ahead to spend to the salary cap if he wants. They are believed to be looking for a 2nd or 3rd line winger and a top four defenseman. Some reports have them linked to Sabres Robyn Regeher, Oilers Ladislav Smid and Flames Jarome Iginla. It’s possible that Kings could move Jonathan Bernier for the right offer.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: The Kings and Sabres are engaged in trade talks. A source is saying that the Kings will trade with Buffalo.
- Bob Stauffer via twitter: Stauffer thinks that defenseman Jay Bouwmeester is the exact type of player the Oilers need, but doubts the Flames would move him within the division.
- Randy Miller via twitter: Miller thinks a potential and perfect landing spot of Daniel Briere is with the Boston Bruins.
- Randy Miller of the Courier Post: The Flyers are struggling and big changes could be on the horizon. It could a big trade or a coaching/GM change if Ed Snider gets fed up.
- Greg Brady via twitter: There are strong indications from Philadelphia this morning is that Peter Laviolette job is far from safe.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Scouting the Stars – Flames game: the Penguins, Bruins, Rangers and Canucks.
- Kevin Allen of the USA Today: 10 teams with trade buzz: 1. Anaheim Ducks: The Ducks won’t trade Corey Perry even if they don’t have him signed. They are having a great season and still hope to sign him. They will offer the same as Ryan Getzlaf’s eight year, $66 million. If they can’t sign him, they could do a sign-and-trade after the season. 2. Boston Bruins: They cleared up cap space by moving Tim Thomas. They could use another scorer that can put up power play numbers. 3. Buffalo Sabres: Teams will have interest in defenseman Jordan Leopold and Robyn Regehr. Forward Jochen Hecht could draw some interest. 4. Calgary Flames: The Flames may need to have a talk with Jarome Iginla. He hasn’t wanted to leave and they would prefer not to trade him. The Flames could get a 1st round pick and prospect if they moved him. 5. Carolina Hurricanes: GM Jim Rutherford is looking for a veteran defenseman. He’s one of the best at being able to put together a player-for-player deal. 6. Edmonton Oilers: Ryan Whitney will be moved as a rental. 7. Florida Panthers: They should be sellers. Teams will be interested in Tomas Fleischmann, but he has two years left and has a $4.5 million cap hit. Kris Versteeg could draw interest but he left Tuesday’s game with a leg injury. 8. Nashville Predators: They could move a defenseman and could use some scoring help. 9. New York Islanders: They are just outside the playoffs which doesn’t help teams that would be interested in Mark Streit or Lubomir Visnovsky. Brad Boyes could draw some interest. 10. Philadelphia Flyers: GM Paul Holmgren would like to land a premium puck-moving defenseman. It would be easier to for the Flyers if they were able to move Daniel Briere, but he doesn’t want to waive his no trade clause. He has cap hit of $6.5 million for the next two seasons but only has a salary of $3 million and $2 million.