Injury Notes: Malkin, Letang, Backlund, Enstrom, Green, Kundratek, Erskine, Laich, Clowe and Hannan
- Updated: March 18, 2013
- Rob Rossi and Josh Yohe of the Tribune-Review: Penguins Evgeni Malkin skated again yesterday but is uncertain for tomorrow night. He’s missed the last five games with an upper-body injury.
- Josh Yohe via twitter: Penguins defenseman Kris Letang left yesterday’s game in the first period and didn’t return. He’ll have his lower-body injury re-evaluated.
- Vicki Hall of the Calgary Herald: Flames center Mikael Backlund broke a bone in his foot after blocking a shot from Kevin Klein.
- Ken Wiebe via twitter: Jets coach Claude Noel said there’s no update on defenseman Tobias Enstrom, he’s “still a ways away.”
- Stephen Whyno of the Washington Times: Capitals defenseman Mike Green could return from his groin injury within the next week. He’ll travel with the team on their road trip to Pittsburgh, Winnipeg and New York. Defenseman Tomas Kundratek had a MRI on his knee on Friday and it’s not known if he’ll travel with the team. Defenseman John Erskine still hasn’t skated and there is no timetable for his return. Forward Brooks Laich is getting very close to returning.
- Kevin Kurz via twitter: Sharks winger Ryane Clowe has a shoulder injury and his status for tomorrow is uncertain.
- Josh Cooper via twitter: Predators defenseman Scott Hannan left last night’s game with an upper-body injury.