NHL Rumors II: Boyle, Active teams, Clowe, Rangers, Meszaros and Stars
- Updated: March 22, 2013
- David Pollak via twitter: Sharks defenseman Dan Boyle said there is no way to avoid trade rumors and stressed that San Jose “is where I want to be.”
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: A league executive on trade talks: “No one is ready to throw in the white towel.”
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: There is no lack of trade talk, but the tight standings make it tough. Among the most active are the: Panthers, Capitals, Sharks, Flames, Stars, Penguins, Bruins and Canucks.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: The Senators are interested in Sharks winger Ryan Clowe. The Canadiens and Maple Leafs have already spoken with the Sharks regarding Clowe.
- Larry Brooks of the NY Post: The Rangers would like to add a right-handed defenseman, some size at wing and some scoring. The Rangers have a limited pool of quality players that are available. Marian Gaborik could be a big trade chip. Derek Stepan, Ryan McDonagh and J.T. Miller are untouchable. Chris Kreider should also be off limits. The Rangers are thin on the blue line and shouldn’t look to move Michael Del Zotto. They would be able to get a good asset in return for the 22-year old though.
- John Boruk of CSN Philly: Boruk wonders if the Flyers should look to move defenseman Andrej Meszaros. He carries a reasonable cap hit of $4 million. They might be able to get a 1st round pick plus more for him.
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: The Dallas Stars are now one point out of the playoffs, making it difficult for GM Joe Nieuwendyk to figure out if they are a buyer, seller or neither. They have three pending UFAs that would get some interest: Jaromir Jagr, Derek Roy and Brenden Morrow. LeBrun w0uld wait until April 1st, if they are within two points of the last playoff spot, keep Jagr and try to move Roy and Morrow.