NHL Rumors II: Zuccarello, Sharks, ‘Hawks, Canucks, Bruins, Myers, Boyle, Sabres, Briere, Coburn, Blues and Penguins
- Updated: 03/25/2013
- Steve Zipay via twitter: Rangers Mats Zuccarello’s agent: “Will be glad 4 Mats Zuccarello’s sake that he will soon get 2 show NHL again how good he is.” Bob McKenzie via twitter: Paperwork from the KHL team/federations are the only thing holding Zuccarello’s return. Has a deal in place.
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Matheson thinks the Oilers should go after Flyers forward Max Talbot.
If the Sharks trade anyone at the deadline, it will be defenseman Douglas Murray. Center Martin Handzus could also be moved. Ryane Clowe is another option, but if they are still in the playoff hunt, it would be hard to move him. He could get them a 2nd round pick and a prospect.
The Blackhawks could be looking for another center. Derek Roy could be a rental option. A 2nd round pick and prospect could work. The Canucks could be looking at Roy as well.
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: The Bruins are looking for left-handed top-four defenseman. They inquired about Jay Bouwmeester, the asking price was high and his contract wouldn’t be easily added. Would they be interested in Ryan Whitney?
Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers could be available, but he has 6 years and $33 million left on his deal. A former NHL coach said: “I’m sure 29 other teams would like to take a run at him, figuring he just needs to be somewhere else. You know how it is.”
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Dan Boyle’s name keeps coming up, but he has one year left at $6.6 million. He’d be excellent in Philadelphia, but his age (37 in the summer) and money are an issue.
Lindy Ruff could have the Lightning’s head coaching job if he wants it. Ruff may wait to summer to see what happens with the Flyers or Rangers.
Sabres Robyn Regehr could be ideal in LA and would probably cost a 2nd round pick. Jordan Leopold could also be an option. Cory Sarich is available, but he has another year on his deal.
The Flyers would like to move Daniel Briere. He has a no-movement clause and feels he could be an amnesty buyout in the summer. He’d then have the choice as to where he’d end up as a free-agent.
The Flyers would trade Braydon Coburn, but he has a $4.5 million salary cap hit for the next three seasons.
The Blues would like Jay Bouwmeester, but at $6.8 million next year, they’d have to move some big cash. The Blues have been looking at Oilers Ryan Whitney.
You’d think the Blues and Lightning would have spoken about Brian Elliott. He has one year and $1.8 million left on his deal.
- Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: Finding help for the Penguins blue line is GM Ray Shero’s next priority. They are not optimistic about getting a top-four, but a top-six is more realistic. They could use a “big, rangy, physical guy.” Rostislav Klesla could be an option. Coyotes GM Don Maloney has been scouting the Penguins. Malone and Shero may not have talked trade yet, but it could be soon.