From twitter unless otherwise noted
- David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News: The Canadiens, Bruins, Rangers and Canucks are in the hunt for Sharks Ryane Clowe. Clowe won’t stand in the way of possible trade. He and management have been working together.
“It’s a distraction if you let it be a distraction,” coach Todd McLellan said Sunday. “My experience around him this last week has been a good one. He’s been professional, he’s come to the rink and played hard, got himself healthy.”
GM Doug Wilson on if they are buyers or sellers,
“We’re both,” the G.M. responded. “Are we going to give up first- or second-round picks in a draft that’s viewed as very strong? The answer is no. This is the time that we’re going to replenish in a very strong draft year.
“But,” he added, “if there’s younger players that can fit into what we’re trying to do and how we’re trying to play, I have no problem acquiring that maybe in lieu of a pick.”
- Paul Hamilton of WGR 550: Thomas Vanek on if he’d like to be traded,
“You never like to. I’ve raised my family here and I enjoy where I’m at, but I understand the situation and I’ve not talked to anyone about what their plan is. It’s something you can’t control and if happens, you move on.”
- Toronto Sun: Roberto Luongo trade talk is increasing.
“Mike is in discussions with multiple teams … Talks are beyond the tire-kicking stage,” Gilman told the Vancouver media.
“We need a third-line centre, but no one is going to ‘steal’ Roberto from us,” Gilman told reporters. “We’re not moving him for a rental. We need something for today and tomorrow.”
Maple Leafs Tyler Bozak fits their need. Bozak hasn’t been apart of any recent Maple Leafs offer according to the Vancouver Province.
The Leafs have looked to improve their top-four, and have been linked too: Keith Yandle, Dmitri Kulikov and Jay Bouwmeester.
- Lance Hornby: If the Leafs could get Miikka Kiprusoff at a bargain price, they can’t turn it down. No contract strings should be attached.
- Darren Dreger: There was more talk between the Flames and Maple Leafs this weekend. They are not close but more talks are expected over the next three days. Kiprusoff has maintained that he’d consider all options, including a trade, contract extension, etc.
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: The Penguins are still looking to add a 4th line center who will be a UFA at the end of the season. Coyotes Boyd Gordon, Sharks Michal Handzus and Blues Scott Nichol’s could be a fits for the Pens.The Blues may look to trade Patrik Berglund or David Perron this summer. Alex Steen or Jaden Schwartz could be moved to center if Berglund is traded.
The LA Kings are a wildcard for Jay Bouwmeester. Since Penner is unlikely to be back, they should be able to fit in his contract for next season.
Bruins pending UFA goalie Anton Khudobin is likely heading to the KHL and AHL goalie Niklas Svedberg will be their backup next season.
Kings Dustin Penner could be available. Matheson thinks the Bruins should take a look.
The Hurricanes are still looking for a defenseman, Ryan Whitney has to be a possibility.