From twitter unless otherwise noted
- Bruce Garrioch: Flames Miikka Kiprusoff will likely make a decision on his future later this morning. Option to Maple Leafs is there. Darren Dreger: Sense is that Kiprusoff would accept a trade to the Maple Leafs. Concern is next year and year after.
- Michael Russo: The Wild are looking to upgrade, but they won’t mortgage the future.
- Bob McKenzie: Hurricanes Joni Pitkanen’s injury doesn’t mean they won’t trade defenseman Jamie McBain for the right offer.
- Pierre LeBrun: The Bruins are looking to a rental defenseman.
- Darren Dreger: Islanders GM Garth Snow said there is no intention to trade defenseman Mark Streit. There is a only a $500,000 per year gap on a 3 year deal. Katie Strang: Streit looking for a multi-year deal worth more than Visnovsky’s $4.75 million. As of yesterday, the Islanders have told Streit that he won’t be dealt.
- Pierre LeBrun: Teams are asking the Panthers about defenseman Dmitry Kulikov. He’s not untouchable, but they would need a big offer.
- Darren Dreger: Rangers looking for a defenseman.
- Darren Dreger: Jets hoping to land a top-6 forward, but nothing close for them.