Quick Hits: Kesler, Tanev, Sharp, Lupul, Karlsson, Hudler, Hemsky, Neal, Letang and Seguin
- Updated: April 8, 2013
From twitter unless otherwise noted
- Elliott Pap: Canucks Ryan Kesler will play tonight.
- Farhan Lalji: Don’t expect Kesler on the PP and PK tonight. Chris Tanev injured his leg last game and is day-to-day.
- Chicago Blackhawks: Forward Patrick Sharp is travelling with the team to Minnesota. Status for Tuesday’s game could known at tomorrow’s morning skate.
- James Mirtle: Randy Carlyle said that Joffrey Lupul is day-to-day.
- Dan Seguin: Senators Erik Karlsson was back on the ice for the first time today.
- Roger Millions: Flames Jiri Hudler is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
- Joanne Ireland: Oilers Ales Hemsky is out with a foot injury. He’s been bothered by it for several weeks.
- Sam Kasan on Penguins.NHL.com: Head coach Dan Bylsma said that James Neal has a concussion and won’t be going on their three game road trip. Defenseman Kris Letang is back practicing and said it’s up to Bylsma when he returns.
- Michael Vega of the Boston Globe: Bruins Tyler Seguin have been moved from the 2nd line center to the 3rd line with Daniel Paille, Chris Kelly and Jay Pandolfoat yesterday’s practice.
“Right now, I don’t think we’ve got a [No.] 1, 2, 3 or 4 [line],’’ coach Claude Julien said. “As you can see, there are good players on every line. We move players around a little bit, maybe to balance things for the time being. But right now it’s about playing your game as an individual; you shouldn’t care where you are, you should care what you bring.’’