From twitter unless otherwise noted
- Bill Hoppe: Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers broke his leg Thursday night and is out for the season.
- Paul Hendrick: Maple Leafs Joffrey Lupul isn’t cleared for contact yet. He might be ready to go next week. David Alter: Coach Randy Carlyle said he feels that Lupul has been cleared for contact. Still out day-to-day. David Alter: Carlyle thought that Lupul was cleared for contact, Lupul confirms that he hasn’t been yet. Jonas Siegel: Carlyle confirmed that Lupul did suffer a concussion.
- David Alter: Maple Leafs Mikhail Grabovski remained in New York and is being examined for gastro intestinal issues. Terry Koshan: Dave Poulin on Grabovski: “We just wanted to have things cleared up after his weight loss. He has been cleared to play.”
- Stephen Whyno: Capitals Martin Erat is feeling better and could play today.
- Sam Carchidi: Flyers Daniel Briere said he’s ready to go today.
- Michael Vega: Bruins Patrice Bergeron (concussion) took part in the optional skate yesterday.
“Bergy will travel with us,’’ Julien said. “He’s skating now and he’s skating with us and he’s better off to work out with us than to stay behind.’’
Claude Julien on if Bergeron will play on Saturday,
“I don’t think so. We’re certainly going to be cautious with him. He’s had a history [of concussions] and we’re not going to take a gamble with it.
“We’re being extremely careful with Bergy and we’re going by the protocol. Never will this organization risk a player’s health for any reason. But he felt pretty good this concussion was moderate, and from what I’ve been told, it’s had a zero [effect] on the major one that he’s had and a zero issue on his brain.’’
- Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune Review: Sidney Crosby hasn’t skated since breaking his jaw. He’s been cleared to fly and traveled with the team on their Florida trip. Kris Letang returned to the lineup after dealing with a broken toe and groin injury. The groin is the bigger concern. Defenseman Paul Martin (broken bone in hand) skated this week, but hasn’t stick-handled. He could be ready for the start of May when the playoff start.