Injury Notes: Gryba, Howard, Bonino, Getzlaf, Beauchemin, Lydman, Fasth, Bozak and Huberdeau
- Updated: May 15, 2013
- Seth Rorabaugh: Senators coach Paul MacLean said that Eric Gryba will be further evaluated for his “upper-body” injury.
- Ansar Khan: Red Wings Jimmy Howard left practice early yesterday. He’s had a sore hamstring, but he’s still played well through it.
- Eric Stephens: Ducks GM Bob Murray said that center Nick Bonino had a torn hamstring, which he suffered playing soccer before a practice in March. Murray added that Ryan Getzlaf’s ankle was never the same after he injured it on March 3rd against the Stars. Francois Beauchemin was playing with a torn ACL for a while and will have surgery soon to repair it. Defenseman Toni Lydman confirmed that he suffered a concussion from the Justin Abdelkader hit. Goalie Viktor Fasth was playing at 80% at the end of the year with a strained lower abdominal muscle.
- SN 590 The Fan: Maple Leafs assistant GM Claude Loiselle on Tyler Bozak’s injury: “Bozak was dealing with a bicep injury”
- Allan Walsh: Panthers’ forward Jonathan Huberdeau had successful hip surgery yesterday.