Buyout Notes: starting time, Briere, Flyers, Richards and a top 10 list
- Updated: May 24, 2013
- Tim Panaccio: Buyouts can’t begin until 48 hours after the Stanley Cup Final ends.
- Steve Simmons: Simmons ran into Daniel Briere who told him that he expects to be bought out by the Flyers. He would like to stay. (Briere also said on TSN last night that he could be bought out)
- Tim Panaccio: Panaccio thinks the Flyers will save the second buyout until next summer unless they decide they absolutely need it.
- Dave Lozo: A Brad Richards buyout would cost the Rangers $24 million. If they buy him out next summer, it would cost $9 million in salary and $18 million in buyout. Keeping him one more year costs $3 million.
- Benoit Rioux of journaldemontreal.com: (h/t to @AlexManno31) Rioux lists his top 10 potential buyouts. 1. Tomas Kaberle (MON) 2. Mike Komisarek (TOR) 3. Ilya Bryzgalov (PHI) 4. Keith Ballard (VAN) 5. Brad Richards (NYR) 6. Daniel Briere (PHI) 7. Anton Volchenkov (NJ) 8. Rick DiPietro (NYI) 9. Dany Heatley (MIN) 10. Vincent Lecavalier (TB).
← Previous Story Coach and GM Notes: Roy, Maloney, Canucks, Tippett and Tortorella