Quick Hits: Stanley Cup final dates, Eakins, McDonald, Nichol, Klimchuk, Morrissey, Richards and Zherdev
- Updated: June 7, 2013
- Bob McKenzie: With the Blackhawks win and if both the Blackhawks and Bruins clinch their series in 5 games or less, the Stanley Cup final would start on Wednesday. In other words, if both series are over by Sunday night, the Cup finals will start on Wednesday. If they go past Sunday, it will start next Saturday.
- Darren Dreger: Dallas Eakins spotted at Pearson International (Toronto), appears to be on way to Vancouver for 2nd interview.
- Andy Strickland: Blues Andy McDonald retires from the NHL due to post-concussion concerns.
- Jeremy Rutherford: Scott Nichol retired from the NHL and will be the Predators director of player development.
- Sam Carchidi: There have been talks with the Flyers, Penguins and NHL about an outdoor game at Penn State, but getting it done for next year may be tough.
- Ryan Kennedy: Morgan Klimchuk and Josh Morrissey attended the Sabres combine.
- Pierre LeBrun: Kings Mike Richards didn’t skate yesterday. (He skated on Wednesday with the extras)
- Dmitry Chesnokov: Nik Zherdev’s contract with Atlant will likely be terminated.