Morning Hits: Final starts on Wed., Eakins replacing Kruger, Rangers coaching candidates, Doughty’s bum ankle, MacTavish Presser
- Updated: June 9, 2013
- NHL: The Stanley Cup Final gets underway on Wednesday in Chicago at 8:00 pm ET. Game 2 goes on Saturday at 8:00 pm ET.
- Edmonton Oilers: The Oilers fire head coach Ralph Krueger.
- Ryan Rishaug: Sounding like Dallas Eakins will be the next Oilers head coach. David Pagnotta: Eakins has been locked in as Oilers coach and will officially be introduced in the next few days.
- Larry Brooks of the NY Post: If the Penguins decide to fire head coach Dan Bylsma, he could become the Rangers top candidate if the Penguins would grant them permission to talk. The Rangers have permission to speak with Alain Vigneault, Dallas Eakins and Lindy Ruff. Dave Tippett’s preference is to remain with the Coyotes and Mark Messier is still in the picture. Vigneault seems to be the leading candidate at the moment.
- Lisa Dillman: Kings Drew Doughty had been playing on a bad ankle since the Sharks series.
← Previous Story Stars sign Sergei Gonchar to a 2-year deal