Rumors: Oilers, Flyers, Rask, Iginla and Penguins
- Updated: June 9, 2013
- Bob McKenzie: McKenzie thinks that the Oilers will deal their No. 7 overall pick, as well as some players.
- Bob McKenzie: The Flyers are in the market for a defenseman and could be willing to move one of Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier in the right deal.
- Bob McKenzie: McKenzie expects the Flyers to use a compliance buyout on Ilya Bryzgalov.
- Brian Wilde: The Canadiens could see what the trade market would give for defenseman Andrei Markov and likely get a good return. His contract isn’t looking as expensive now though.
- Kevin Paul Dupont: Dupont thinks that Tuukka Rask will get a 4 or 5 year contract at about $6.5 million.
- Adrian Dater via sulia: Dater thinks the Avalanche could make Jarome Iginla a free agent offer if/when he hits the open market. The Avs could buy out David Jones. Iginla’s offer wouldn’t be crazy, and word is Joe Sakic is intrigued with idea of adding Iginla.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Mario Lemieux and the Penguins ownership aren’t that impressed with how the season ended and Dan Bylsma may be on the hotseat. A league executive thinks that the Penguins may move Chris Kunitz or James Neal with the cap going down, giving them more room to keep Evgeni Malkin. Pascal Dupuis and Matt Cooke are both UFAs. UFA Douglas Murray will walk. The Pens want to keep Kris Letang. The Pens could look to trade Marc-Andre Fleury to the Wild, Avalanche or Panthers, or they could buy him out. They could make a pitch for Ryan Miller.