Free Agents and Buyouts: Dupuis, Briere, Lecavalier, Malone and Alfredsson
- Updated: June 19, 2013
- Rob Rossi: Contract discussions have started with the Penguins and Pascal Dupuis’ representatives.
- Will DePaoli of Inside Pittsburgh Sports: Preliminary talks with Dupuis are underway and he’s looking for a four year deal. Market value for him could be in the $18 to $24 million range.
- Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly: A source that is close to Daniel Briere said that he was told last week that he would be bought out by the Flyers.
- Adrian Dater: Wouldn’t be surprised if the Avalanche make an offer to Briere. Wouldn’t be a big offer.
- Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times: Lightning’s center Vinny Lecavalier is preparing for the possibility of being bought out.
“It’s obviously something you think about,” Lecavalier said. “At the same time, there’s nothing I can do about it.”
A Lecavalier buyout would save $54 million in cap space over seven years. It would cost them $30 million over 14 years, $2.14 annually. Ryan Malone has two year left at $4.5 million is also a buyout candidate. It would cost the Lightning $3.35 million over four-years.
- Bruce Garrioch: Senators GM Bryan Murray said that Daniel Alfredsson has started working out at the Scotiabank Place, which is a good sign for the team. Will hold talks when Alfredsson decides he wants to play. A one year deal is likely at $4.5 million. Murray told Alfredsson to take all the time he needs.