Free Agent and Trade Notes: Blue Jackets and Predators
- Updated: June 25, 2013
- Rob Mixer on NHL.com: Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen doesn’t have any immediate concerns about getting Sergei Bobrovsky signed.
“Nobody wants to lose the Vezina winner,” Kekalainen said. “We’re working hard to get him back, we’re optimistic we can get him back. We’ve had some good conversations with his agent.”
“I’m very optimistic about Sergei Bobrovsky wanting to play for the Columbus Blue Jackets,” he said.
- Rob Mixer: The Blue Jackets have held talks with teams who are in a tight-cap situation. Could be willing to trade a first rounder.
- Rob Mixer: GM Kekalainen said the Blue Jackets will be sending out qualifying offers to RFA soon. An Artem Anisimov deal could be done soon.
- Josh Cooper: Predators GM David Poile has sent a qualifying offer to Nick Spaling but not to Jonathan Blum and Matt Halischuk. Jim Diamond: They could be looking to trade the rights to Halischuk and Blum.
- Jim Diamond: Poile added nothing has been finalized with Sergei Kostitsyn. Josh Cooper: Kostitsyn is exploring KHL options.
- Jim Diamond: The Predators would take Seth Jones if he dropped to them at No. 4. Poile considers him to be the best player in the draft.
- Jim Diamond: The Predators have received legit offers from four or five teams for the No. 4 pick.