Buyout Hits: Lightning to buyout Vinny, Oilers, Leafs, Blackhawks, Red Wings, Islanders and Capitals
- Updated: June 27, 2013
- Renaud Lavoie: The Lightning will buyout Vincent Lecavalier. CapGeek: The buyout will cost $30 million over 14 years, $2,142,857 per year through 2027. Pierre LeBrun: Lecavalier will get his $8 million bonus paid out in full over the next three years, remaining $24.67 million paid out over 14 years.
- Bob McKenzie: Led to believe that the Oilers won’t be buying out Shawn Horcoff, but Eric Belanger and Ben Eager are possibilities.
- Bob McKenzie: Mike Komisarek seems like a given buyout for the Maple Leafs. McKenize would be shocked if the Blackhawks don’t buyout Rostislav Olesz and Steve Montador. The Red Wings could buyout Carlo Colaiacovo.
- Arthur Staple: The Islanders haven’t made no decisions on buyout (Rick DiPietro) just yet.
- Hockey Tracker: CSN Washington reporting Capitals compliance buyout candidates are Jeff Schultz, Joel Ward, Brooks Laich or Martin Erat.