Trade Rumors: Letang, Bolland, BlackHawks, Panthers, Wild, Canucks, Oilers and Flyers
- Updated: June 28, 2013
- Josh Rimer: IF Toronto was going to trade for Kris Letang, it would take at least Jake Gardiner and Nikolai Kulemin.
- Bob Stauffer: The Blackhawks are said to be looking for a Jason Pominville like return for Dave Bolland.
- Mark Lazerus: Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman on if a big name could be traded: “It’s always possible. Nothing imminent at this point.”
- John Shannon: The Panthers have many teams calling about the No. 2 pick. Steve Goldstein: Panthers GM Tale Tallon said they are ready for anything, to trade up or down.
- Katie Strang: Though it could be nothing at all, Rangers GM Glen Sather and Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis stepped out of the BOG meetings yesterday and had a conversation.
- Bob McKenzie: The Wild have a lot of balls in play. They are not able to buy Dany Heatley out as he’s injured. They will need to shed some money. Defenseman Tom Gilbert is in play but there have been no takers. He’s a possible buyout candidate.
- The Fourth Period: Aside from Roberto Luongo, Canucks GM Mike Gillis is trying to trade defenseman Keith Ballard and David Booth. Ballard could be bought out if they can’t find a trade partner.
- Darren Dreger of TSN: Players that are available for the right price: Dion Phaneuf, David Perron, Dave Bolland, Ales Hemsky, Shawn Horcoff and Roberto Luongo. Not to mention the possibility of Kris Letang. The Oilers and Maple Leafs are eager to make trades. The Leafs, Canadiens and Red Wings will be interested in Vincent Lecavalier and could offer up a 3-year deal in the $4.5 to $5 million range.
- Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: Once the Flyers officially sign Mark Streit to his 4-year, $21 million deal, they will have eight NHL defenseman on their roster. They have $27.675 million tied up in seven defenseman. The best case scenario could be that Andrej Meszaros is not healthy enough to play and could go on the LTIR. The Flyers would love to trade him but it would be hard given his injury history. They need to shed some salary along the blueline. Braydon Coburn will get interest and he has a modified no-trade clause. The Flames could have interest. Luke Schenn could be next line, but the sense is the Flyers don’t want to trade him. Seravalli thinks the Flyers should consider trading Nicklas Grossman.