Afternoon Hits II: Talks can start tonight, On waivers today, Bozak offer and Lecavalier
- Updated: July 2, 2013
- Pierre LeBrun: Free agents are allowed to start talking to other teams as of 12:01 ET tonight.
- Bob McKenzie: On waivers: Hal Gill (NSH), Greg Zanon (COL), Matt Hunwick (COL), Kris Russell (STL). Jeff Schultz (WSH) on unconditional waivers with the purpose of being bought out. Adam Vingan: Schultz buyout will cost the Capitals $2 million over two years and now have just over $9 million in cap space.
- Jim Diamond: The Predators will decide whether to keep Gill or buy him out if he clears waivers. Will DePaoli: DePaoli doesn’t see the Penguins have any interest in Gill.
- Darren Dreger: Contract talks between the Maple Leafs and Tyler Bozak are expected to resume today. There is a proposal on the table that is believed to be 8 years and less than $5 million per season. The proposal wasn’t made the Leafs, believed to be a response from Newport agency.
- Josh Rimer: Predators GM David Poile said that Vincent Lecavalier wants to play on the east coast, which would include: Leafs, Bruins, MTL, Flyers, Red Wings, & Sens. Pierre LeBrun: Playing in the East is a factor, but not the only one. Dallas still in it.
- Josh Rimer: A second NHL sources believes that Lecavalier will be signing with the Dallas Stars. The Stars still have not heard anything.