Trade Hits: Small deal, Canadiens, Edler, Greening and Wild
- Updated: July 2, 2013
- Anthony SanFilippo: The Flyers traded AHL defenseman Danny Syvret to the Rangers for Kris Newbury.
- The Fourth Period: The Canadiens have been involved in trade talks lately. One of which was trying to move into the top 10 of Sunday’s draft.
“The price was big, and we were willing to pay, but it didn’t work,” Habs GM Marc Bergevin told reporters towards the conclusion the Draft.
The Canadiens talked to the Canucks about Alex Edler. Sources say that they also talked to the Blues about David Perron and the Ducks about Bobby Ryan. The also received some calls on Tomas Plekanec.
- Pierre LeBrun: Canucks Alex Edler’s no-trade clause has kicked in.
- Bruce Garrioch: Garrioch doesn’t think there is anything to the rumors of Colin Greening going to the Predators. Sides talked contract extension on Sunday.
- Michael Russo of the Star Tribune: Wild GM Chuck Fletcher is still working the trade market. Devin Setoguchi and his $3 million cap hit could be on the move. He’ll be a free agent after next season. Tom Gilbert could be bought out, eliminating his $4 million cap hit and only costing $1 million over the next two year.