Quick Free Agent Hits: Clarkson, Bozak, Weiss, Briere, Giroux, Alfredsson, Henricks and Raymond
- Updated: July 3, 2013
- @Hope_Smoke: Darren Dreger on David Clarkson’s next deal: “Clarkson will get 7 years if that’s what he’s after. I’ll thrown out a number of around $6.5 per season”
- James Mirtle: Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis on Tyler Bozak: “We have things we can do to make [cap] room and Bozie was an important part of our team.”
- George Richards: Panthers GM Dale Talon said they probably won’t be active when free agency starts on Friday. He’s not going to overpay for players. Will make deals in August. Talon is also hanging onto the hope that they can re-sign Stephen Weiss.
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: The Predators are interested in Daniel Briere. They have a list of potential backups to replace Chris Mason.
- Pierre LeBrun: The Canadiens have shown interest in Daniel Briere.
- The Fourth Period: The Flyers and Claude Giroux are having an ongoing dialogue about a contract extension. Giroux is believed to be looking for an eight year deal worth well north of $7 million a season.
- Craig Custance of ESPN: Daniel Alfredsson still doesn’t have a deal with the Senators and is able to talk to other teams. The Bruins could be one of teams making a call to Alfredsson’s agent. The Canadiens, Devils, Islanders and Predators are said to have interest in Daniel Briere.
- John Vogl of the Buffalo News: Daniel Briere is talking with eight teams, including the Sabres according to Briere in a text.
- John Vogl: The Sabres will allow defenseman Alexadner Sulzer to become a UFA.
- Stephen Whyno: Forward Matt Hendricks will go to free agency even if the Capitals call back. Both sides haven’t talked in a long time.
- Mark Spector: The agent of Canucks UFA Mason Raymond: “Right now we’re proceeding as if he’ll be going to free agency.”
- Igor Eronko: Flyers Ruslan Fedotenko signed with Donbass of the KHL.
- Rob Mixer: The Blue Jackets signed Blake Comeau to a one-year deal.
← Previous Story Trade Hits: Oilers, Coburn, Seguin, Cammalleri, Flyers and Edler