Free Agent Hits I: Clarkson, Stewart, Iginla, Thomas, Alfredsson and Briere
- Updated: 07/04/2013
- Rich Chere: Devils GM Lou Lamoriello wouldn’t say whether he would send David Clarkson one more offer before noon tomorrow.
- Josh Rimer: Doug MacLean on Rimer’s NiteCap show: “The two teams pushing hard for David Clarkson are Toronto & Edmonton.”
- Lou Korac: Blues GM Doug Armstrong on free agency: “We’re going to make a deal that will stand the test of time economically.”
- Andy Strickland of True Hockey: Sounding like Chris Stewart and the Blues are heading to arbitration. A last minute deal could get worked out. Could assume that Stewart is looking for more than $4.5 million a season.
- Jeremy Rutherford: Alex Pietrangelo’s agent, Don Meehan: “Nothing new to report. Doug indicated to me at the Draft he would be in touch with us within the near future.”
- Adrian Dater: Hearing the Blues are interested in Jarome Iginla.
- Tim Panaccio: Tim Thomas’ agent called the Flyers yesterday. They have little cap room and may want to go cheaper.
- Darren Dreger: Teams are allowed to spend over the cap with 35+ year old players by using a bonus cushion. Overages would be applied to next seasons cap.
- Pierre LeBrun: Multiple teams reached out to Alfredsson yesterday. He may decide his fate today. LeBrun doesn’t think he’ll leave Ottawa.
- David Pagnotta: Daniel Briere could have a decision today. Pierre LeBrun Briere got his list down to 3 teams late last night. LeBrun thinks Montreal is one of the teams.
- Arthur Staple: Source saying that the Islanders are not part of Daniel Briere final teams that he’s considering.
← Previous Story Trade Hits: Clearing cap space, Blues goaltenders and Edler