Stars and Bruins make Blockbuster Trade – Seguin and Eriksson key pieces
- By Mark Easson
- Updated: July 4, 2013
The Boston Bruins have traded center/winger Tyler Seguin, center Rich Peverley and defenseman Ryan Button to the Dallas Stars for winger Loui Eriksson, defenseman Joe Morrow, right winger Reilly Smith and left winger Matt Fraser.
Seguin was drafted 2nd overall in the 2010 NHL draft by the Bruins. He carries a $5.75 million cap hit.
Rich Peverley went undrafted. He carries a $3.25 million cap hit.
Button was drafted 86th overall in the third round of the 2009 draft by the Bruins.
Eriksson was drafted 33rd overall in the second round of the 2003 draft. He carries a $4.25 million.
Morrow was drafted 23rd overall in the first round of the 2011 draft by the Penguins. He went to Stars at the trade deadline in a deal that sent Brenden Morrow to the Penguins.
Smith was drafted 69th overall in the third round of the 2009 draft.
Fraser was undrafted and signed as a free agent with the Stars.
Click for stats
My NHL Trade Rumors Poll
- 2015-16 Colorado Avalanche Top 10 Prospects
- News: Rangers Sign Derek Stepan To A Six-Year Deal
- Rumors: Capitals, Predators and Rangers
- Rumors II: The Shootout, Larsson, Klefbom, Ceci, Antropov, and Spezza
- Rumors: Hurricanes, Skinner, Seattle and Quebec in the West
- Rumors II: Johansson, Lamoriello, Soderberg, and Las Vegas
- Rumors: Coyotes to Remain in Glendale, May Consider Relocation
- 2015-16 Chicago Blackhawks Top 10 Prospects
- Video and Notes: Holtby, Ehrhoff, and the Coyotes
- Rumors: Devils, and Red Wings