Free Agent Hits: McDonagh, Rangers, Brunner, Zidlicky, Jagr, Red Wings, Hejduk and the Best of the Rest
- Updated: 07/08/2013
- Aaron Ward: Expect a Ryan McDonagh to sign a six year extension with the Rangers today.
- Larry Brroks of the NY Post: The Rangers have about $12 million to sign Ryan McDonagh, Derek Stepan, Carl Hagelin and Justin Falk. There may not much for Mats Zuccarello. They could fit him with the 10 percent offseason overage, but he wouldn’t have a guaranteed NHL spot.
- The Fourth Period: The Stars have shown interest in Damien Brunner. Brunner is thought to be looking for a multi-year deal worth between $3 and $3.5 million.
- Tom Gulitti: The Devils trading Henrik Tallinder to the Sabres could have been a move to clear some cap space to re-sign Marek Zidlicky. He has been waiting for the Devils and he has received some other offers. Rich Chere: Lamoriello did say that the trade doesn’t impact Zidlicky “at this point” and added that he’d like to get Zidlicky signed.
- Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun: Brennan thinks that the Senators should try to sign Jaromir Jagr. The Sens are well below the cap and it could take a $4.5 million on one year deal like he did last year. He may have his heart set on playing with the Canadiens though.
- Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News: The Red Wings would like to re-sign Daniel Cleary, but at the moment they have too may forwards under contract and their salary cap situation needs to clear up. They have to sign RFAs Gustav Nyquist, Joakim Andersson and Brendan Smith. The Wings are already $700,000 over next seasons cap.
- Adrian Dater via sulia: The Avalanche don’t really have room for him and have yet to make an offer to Milan Hejduk. Odds are that he’ll retire.
- David Shoalts of the Globe and Mail: Best of the remaining free agents. Goaltenders: 1. Tim Thomas 2. Ilya Bryzgalov 3. Johan Hedberg. Defenseman: 1. Douglas Murray 2. Ron Hainsey 3. Ryan Whitney. Forwards: 1. Dan Cleary 2. Damien Brunner 3. Mikhail Grabovski.
← Previous Story Devils trade Tallinder back to Buffalo