Morning Hits: Horton, Giroux, Ryan, Fleischmann, Oilers, Olympics, Escrow and Burmistrov
- Updated: July 10, 2013
- Aaron Portzline: Blue Jackets winger Nathan Horton will have shoulder surgery next week and is out for four to six months.
- Chris Johnston: Claude Giroux’s salary breakdown: $10 million in 2014-15 followed by $9 million, $9 million, $9 million, $9 million, $8 million, $7.2 million, $5 million.
- Wayne Scanlan: Regarding the Bobby Ryan trade, the Ducks had asked for two of Mika Zibanejad, Jared Cowen and Jakob Silfverberg.
- George Richards: Word at the draft was that the Panthers were shopping Tomas Fleischmann hard.
- Bob Stauffer: The only way the Oilers can upgrade their top-6 is through a trade.
- Katie Carrera of the Washington Post: The Capitals will go with Brooks Laich as their 2nd line center.
- Chris Johnston: The NHLPA executive board will vote on the Sochi Olympics today in Chicago.
- Renaud Lavoie: Escrow should be around 17% next season. HRR is estimated to be $2.2 billion.
- Ken Wiebe of the Winnipeg Sun: Alexander Burmistrov’s agent confirms that the relationship between head coach Claude Noel was one of the reasons he signed with Ak Bars Kazan.