Free Agent Hits: Devils, Hurricanes, Canucks, Remaining Free Agents and Brown’s Contract Breakdown
- Updated: July 19, 2013
- Igor Eronko: iSport.cz is reporting that winger Jaromir Jagr had “inspected” the Devils arena yesterday.
- Chip Alexander: Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford said they are close to re-signing Zac Dalpe and confirmed that they have talked to Brenden Morrow.
- Ben Kuzma of the Vancouver Province: The Canucks could look at free agent Mark Fistric if they decide not to re-sign Andrew Alberts.
“A number of teams have expressed interest in Mark,” his agent Gerry Johannson said Thursday. “There’s a healthy market for him and it’s just about being patient. It was an interesting year in Edmonton and I don’t think Mark was disillusioned; it’s just the reality of the business that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. A contract (offer) is going to depend on the team, the situation and a lot of other variables.”
The Canucks have just under $5.2 million to sign Dale Weise, Chris Tanev, Jordan Schroeder and one other depth defenseman.
- Toronto Sun: Top remaining free agents: Ilya Bryzgalov, Jaromir Jagr, Mikhail Grabovski, Brenden Morrow, Damien Brunner, Mason Raymond, Simon Gagne, Vinny Prospal, Teemu Selanne and Rick DiPietro.
- Tom Gulitti of the Bergon Record: The Devils re-signed Jacob Josefson to a one-year deal wroth $725,000. Adam Henrique agent said in an email that he had a “long discussion” with Lou Lamoriello last Friday and are “trying to work out a fair deal for both sides.” Lamoriello said on Wednesday that he hoped to have all his RFAs signed by the end of this week.
- Chris Johnston: Dustin Brown’s salary breakdown: $7.25 million, $7.25 million, $7 million, $6.5 million, $5.5 million, $5.5 million, $4 million and $4 million.