Morning Hits: Gagner, Grabovski, Hainsey, Jagr, Little, Wheeler, Bogosian and Spaling
- Updated: July 22, 2013
- Dan Tencer: The Oilers and Sam Gagner are listed as having an “AM” arbitration hearing today. May not be a good sign (for Oilers fans) if we don’t hearing anything by mid-morning in Alberta time. Tencer thinks arbitration is likely. Doesn’t get why both sides don’t have their best offer on the table by this point.
- Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun: Simmons thinks the mostly likely landing spots for Mikhail Grabovski are with the Capitals, Jets, Panthers or Flames. Simmons wonders if Ron Hainsey’s CBA involvement is keeping teams away from signing the UFA.
- Brett Cyrgalis of the USA Today: Czech broadcaster Roman Jedicka reported yesterday that there was a “99 percent” chance that Jaromir Jagr would sign with the Devils. Jagr would fit in on the right wing nicely for the Devils as they lost Ilya Kovalchuk and David Clarkson down the right side.
- Winnipeg Free Press: Bryan Little’s arbitration hearing is this Wednesday. Blake Wheeler is scheduled for next Monday (July 29th) and Zach Bogosian next Friday (Aug 2nd).
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: The Predators signed RFA Nick Spaling to a one-year, $1.5 million deal. Spaling was coming off a two-year, $2.1 million.