- Lance Hornby: It is unlikely that Mark Fraser and the Maple Leafs will reach a deal before their arbitration today’s hearing. There had been no contract in the past week as of yesterday morning.
- Chris Ribau of the Daily Press (Timmins): (s/t rotoworld) Steve Sullivan has had “very informal” talks with several teams.
“I’m preparing as if next year is going to go on and then we’ll go from there.”
Retirement could be an option for the 39-year old.
“I wouldn’t say 100%, but 99.9%,” he said. “I’ve had an unbelievable run.”
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: The Senators and Jared Cowen’s camp will talk again this week.
“We still have plenty of time,” said Valette. “We’ve only had a couple of conversations.”
It’s likely Cowen will be looking for something more than the $2 million that Patrick Wiercioch signed last week.
- Corey Pronman: Chris Campoli signed a one-year deal with a Swiss team. He was part of the NHLPA group that worked on the CBA.
- TSN: The Kings signed defenseman Andrew Bodnarchuk to a two-year deal and Colin Miller to a three-year entry level deal.
- Lance Hornby: Niklas Hagman will be playing in Finland next season.
- Igor Eronko: Tim Brent signed with Torpedo of the KHL.
- Igor Eronko: Kurtis Foster signed with Medvescak of the KHL.
- Chris Botta: Penguins season ticket renewal is 98 percent. They capped full season tickets at 15,300. Their waiting list has 4,400 accounts.
- Chris Botta: Sharks season ticket renewal is 93 percent. They have 14,000 season ticketholders.