- TSN: Canadiens Lars Eller will be healthy when training camp starts. He suffered a concussion and facial fractures in the playoffs from a hit by Senators defenseman Eric Gryba.
“Two to three weeks after the incident, I was already back has 100 per cent,” Eller told a scrum.
P.K. Subban said he hasn’t been focusing on future contract with the Canadiens. He’s deal expires after this season.
- Erie Otters News: Andre Burakovsky should decide in the next few days where he will play next season.
- Shawn Hutcheon of The Fourth Period: With the departure of Andrew Ferenece, it opens up a spot on the Bruins blueline, and the battle may come down to Dougie Hamilton and Matt Bartkowski. It is possible that Hamilton could find himself in the AHL this season.
- Adrian Dater: Nathan MacKinnon will wear No. 29 for the Avalanche.
- John Kreiser of NHL.com: Kreiser looks at seven NHL records that may never be broken. 1. Best winning percentage by a goaltender: Ken Dryden, .650 2. Longest consecutive point-scoring streak: Wayne Gretzky, 51 games 3. Most goals by a rookie: Teemu Selanne, 76 4. Fastest three goals: Bill Mosienko, 21 seconds 5. Best plus-minus total for a career: Larry Robinson, plus-730 6. Most goals by a defenseman in one game: Ian Turnbull, 7. Most penalty minutes, one season: Dave Schultz, 472