Free Agent Hits: Kessel, Cowen, Selanne, Grabovski and Omark
- Updated: August 28, 2013
- Chris Johnston: Maple Leafs winger Phil Kessel said they haven’t had talks about a contract extension. He doesn’t want to negotiate a new contract during the season. Rob Longley: Kessel doesn’t anticipate any talks happening soon.
- Bruce Garrioch: There is no update on contract talks between RFA Jared Cowen and the Senators.
- Eric Stephens: Teemu Selanne met with the Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau yesterday. Lisa Dillman: Sounds like everyone will have to wait another day or two for a Selanne decision. (Was posted yesterday so it’s possible to hear something today.)
- Katie Carrera: Mikhail Grabovski’s one-year deal with the Capitals has a no-trade clause.
- Edmonton Oilers: The Oilers have signed Linus Omark to a one-year contract. Bob Stauffer: By accepting a two-way contract, it increases his value and opens up more options for him. Omark will be a UFA at the end of this deal. Ryan Rishaug: Omark will make $600,000 in the NHL and $100,000 in the AHL.
← Previous Story Morning Hits: Giroux, Timonen, Yakupov, Suter and Hunwick