Trade Rumor: The Avalanche Could Send Paul Stastny To The Sabres For Ryan Miller
- Updated: August 30, 2013
- Josh Rimer: Rimer has been told to not be surprised if the Avalanche trade Paul Stastny to the Sabres for Ryan Miller. Stastny will be an unrestricted free agent after the season. He could use a change of scenery to help regain his scoring touch. Miller would like to be closer to the west coast.
- Adrian Dater: Dater has stated before that he thinks either Stastny or Ryan O’Reilly would be traded by the trade deadline.
- Adrian Dater: The Avalanche will want a Matt Duchene and Nathan MacKinnon center combo before long, moving one of the others for help that is needed elsewhere.
- Adrian Dater: Semyon Varlamov was GM Greg Sherman’s guy, but it’s Patrick Roy and Joe Sakic’s team now.
- Jim Matheson: Matheson wonders if Jhonas Enroth is good enough to start for the Sabres if Miller is moved to the Avalanche. He also wonders if they would make the deal bigger to include Varlamov.
- Jim Matheson: Matheson thinks the Avalanche should try to get Steve Ott in a Stastny-Miller deal. Adrian Dater: Dater responds by saying that Roy would love Ott, but Avs already have agitator Steve Downie.
- Paul Stastny was drafted 44th overall in the 2nd round of the 2005 draft by the Avalanche. The 27-year old carries a $6.6 million salary cap hit.
- Ryan Miller was drafted 138th overall in the 5th round of the 1999 draft by the Sabres. The 33-year old carries a $6.25 million salary cap hit.