Apologies for the delay, no internet connection this morning.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: “Reputable” sources have told Dater that there is nothing to the Paul Stastny – Ryan Miller trade rumors, the deal won’t happen. The Avalanche will give Semyon Varlamov a shot again this year.
- Mark Kiszla of the Denver Post: Kiszla thinks that the Avalanche need Ryan Miller to get back into the playoffs. Varlamov is a competent goalie, but he’s not at the level to carry a team. Kiszla said back in May that a Stastny-Miller makes sense.
- Paul of Kukla’s Korner: A Kureinen.nu report is saying that Mattias Ohlund, who hasn’t played in 823 days , is now thinking his hockey career is over. He had been hoping to make a return. Ohlund is under contract until the end of the 2015-16 season, so he likely won’t retire until then.
- Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington: Gormley thinks that it’s unlikely that right winger Tom Wilson is sent back to Plymouth of the OHL. He could battle Joel Ward for a third line spot, possibly bumping Ward to the 4th line. Evgeny Kuznetsov won’t attend the Capitals prospect camp as he is committed to another season in the KHL. He has assured GM George McPhee that he’ll come to the NHL after the KHL season.
“He’s indicated to us that he’s definitely coming over, so we do see a light at the end of the tunnel, and he indicated that as recently as two weeks ago,” McPhee told NHL.com. “We’re hoping we see him late this season and that he is as good as advertised.”
- Dobber Hockey: Luca Caputi has signed with a Swedish team for this season.
- Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun: Simmons wonders when the 11th hour is for Nazem Kadri and the Maple Leafs: The start of training camp? The start of the season?